"It seemed that out of battle I escaped
down some profound dull tunnel, long since scooped
through granites which titanic wars had groined."
Wilfred Owen...........A blog of anecdotes and articles about the First World War.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Saffron Walden War Memorial.
Photographes of Saffron Walden War Memorial taken by Roger Stoakley.
I'm writing a mystery set in Saffron Walden in 1926. My title is Anthem for Doomed Youth--another Wilfred Owen poem, as I'm sure you're aware. The story is much concerned with the aftermath of WWI.
I don't remember seeing the war memorial when I was in Walden in June. Can you tell me where it's located? You can email me via my website: CarolaDunn.Weebly.com
1 comment:
I'm writing a mystery set in Saffron Walden in 1926. My title is Anthem for Doomed Youth--another Wilfred Owen poem, as I'm sure you're aware. The story is much concerned with the aftermath of WWI.
I don't remember seeing the war memorial when I was in Walden in June. Can you tell me where it's located? You can email me via my website: CarolaDunn.Weebly.com
Post a Comment