King George V messages to the Empire was published in the Times on 26th December 1916.
THE KING’S MESSAGES
Good Wishes for The Fighting Men
The king has sent the following messages to his soldiers and sailors and to the sick and wounded: -
I send you, my Sailors and Soldiers, hearty good wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
My grateful thoughts are ever with you for victories gained, for hardship endured, and your unfailing cheeriness.
Another Christmas has come round and we are still at war. But the Empire, confident in you, remains determined to win.
May God bless and protect you.
George R.I.
At this Christmastide the Queen and I are thinking more than ever of the sick and wounded among my Sailors and Soldiers.
From our hearts we wish them strength to beat their sufferings, speedy restoration to health, a peaceful Christmas and many happier years to come.
George R.I.
No comments:
Post a Comment